When we decided to create our own swimwear label, we had a lot of decisions to make: which colours to use; which cuts would be most flattering; what style would suit the adventures we had planned. One thing we were absolutely certain of from the very start was our decision to use regenerated materials to construct all of our swimwear.
We chose Vita (meaning 'life'), which is made with Econyl® - a polyamide fibre composed of 100% post-consumer materials. Think discarded fish farming nets, ghost fishing nets, industrial plastic waste and other discarded materials. Not only does this help to protect marine species, but it creates healthier seas and recycles what would have been pure marine waste into the swimwear we want to wear!
In addition to being a positive factor for the environment, the fabric offers great quality too. It is:
- Two times more resistant to chlorine, suntan creams and oils
- Works as a filter against sun rays and offers UPF50+ protection factor
- Offers extreme elasticity, which guarantees comfort and freedom of movement. This means it's made for any and all of your adventures
- Recovery power allows the fabric to follow natural body movements but retain shape.
- Density means it will never be see-through
Our travel experiences have really driven home the importance of helping to protect the sea where we can. Years spent working at sea have allowed us to see firsthand the devastation waste has on the marine environment. We thought this was our way of being able to create something we love, whilst being able to give back to the environment. We hope you agree and we know you'll love the way it fits!